Thursday, March 29, 2012

Intended to tell

Intended to tell

What do you intend to utter?

Have your say..

Any urgent message . . .?

Anything important?

Pardon me!

The telephone rings. .

“Hello!

A Poetic symposium?

I can confirm the date only tomorrow.

You want the time. .

Call me back tomorrow night at 7-30”

You came to tell me something

What is it?

Come on! Tell me now!

What can I do for you?

Is the gas cylinder to be supplied?

Is it a time to pay school fees for our kids?

May I know the last day?

Please bear with me

Someone is knocking the door

Oh! Courier post!

Okay! Signed and received.

What did you try to tell me?

Please say it now.

Is your mother sick?

Have we to visit her?

When?

Oh! What’s it?

Our neighbor coming?

“We are on an outing.

Will return after a week.

Have the key of our house

and please take care.

Thank you! Bye!”

The doors closed now!

Oh my dear!

What did you intend to tell me?

My wife is not there.

The emptiness left by her

Alone stood there and told me:

“Nope! Nothing to tell you!”

My note:The poem is from the compilation of Poems titled"Intended to tell"

Here you can see the husband busy with his routine and unable to spend some time with his better-half.The hollowness of metro life,the useless routine carried by the modern man,disintegration of family and the male-centref way of life are mocked by our beloved poet Tamilanban in his poem.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Running mechanical life in Money-Status quo based life is expressed clearly in his message. Being a bachelor, away from home for job & salary is a curse in previous birth!